Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My (very early) birthday gift!

If you recall from an older post that my mom went to Vegas for a week for a little slot machine action + get-away-from-the-damn-cold-I've-got-stupid-cabin-fever time.

She brought back some gifts as always for my kids and me (hubby got cash to buy whatever he wants, and is thrilled!). Yes, my mom is very generous, and I am very grateful!

She brought back a couple of things for me, but in this post, I am only showing what I got as a very early birthday gift. (My birthday isn't until March.)

The box!

The bag inside the box.

My new necklace... the Pisces sign.

Can you see the black eyes?



Sigh... I wish I was better at taking pictures.

So, I know the chances of my mother ever reading my blog are almost nil, but THANK YOU MOM!!! I was so very excited to receive this gift! When I wore it, my 10-year old son thought it was a dragon, and my 8-year old daughter though it was the dollar sign. Hehe... Then they got closer and looked and it and was like... WHY FISH?!?! They are half Korean, and understand the Chinese Zodiac signs, but no clue about the Western astrological signs. Ah well.

To be honest, I've never heard of Forever Silver before, but did take a look at their website here. I did see their store at Mandalay Bay, but never walked in before. I may have to the next time I visit Vegas. I've never been much of an accessory type of girl, but I've been inspired by so many bloggers, that now I want to be!

I'm also a little surprised my mom chose to buy me this. She usually finds me trinkets of elephants (with their trunks up for good luck) since that seems to be my animal of choice. I love this piece of jewelry, and know it will always have a special place in my heart. :)

Thanks for letting me share everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment